Tuesday, November 07, 2006

keeping the home (and mind)

A friend told me about a home management binder that she started using (to buy an e-book on how to build your own binder go here http://myblessedhome.blogspot.com/2006/04/home-management-binder-housewifes-best.html#article) I only have one baby and can't seem to keep the house clean and everything running smoothly. I thought perhaps it was because of the baby but when I think about it everything was the same before she was born... it just wasn't as big of a deal. Now... what with her "helping" me do everything by pulling whatever is around her and dumping it on the floor I seem to be having a hard time cleaning and keeping the house nice. Anyway, I've just started my binder so we'll see how it goes, but so far I'm excited about it all. Though I changed a few things to fit me better... she has you make a master list of times to do everything... and... well... I really can't do that. BUT I did write down the important times of things like meals and Lily's nap times and I put what I'd like to do inbetween them (without times) so that those parts could be more flexible depending on how the day works out.

I'm also reading a book called
The Well-Educated Mind: A Guide to the Classical Education You Never Had by Susan Wise Bauer
I'm really enjoying it and excited to start the reading projects. I'm going to incorporate the study of liturature with my binder. :)

No comments: