Saturday, May 31, 2008

I'm insane...

I actually took Lily and Renna by myself to a free showing of the Nutcracker today. I don't know that I want to remember it enough to scrapbook it so I'll put the pictures on here. Lily LOVED watching the first few dances, but then she got a little to energetic. We had to stay till a little after the intermission though because a girl from our church was going to do the Arabian dance (and I like that part the best!) Well, shortly there after Renna was acting colicky and Lily wasn't really watching it anyway (mostly just goofing off), so I decided to go. Then on the way out Lily gets all weepy and said, "Princess dare?" and indicating that she wanted to go back and watch it. I told her that we could if she was very quite and stopped whining and so forth. Well, when we went back in she wanted to sit closer up front... She probably would have been fine if I didn't have to get up with Renna (who wanted to go to sleep but her tummy was bothering her) ... Anyway, we left a little early. I sort of saw all of it, but it's really hard to watch ballet or figure skating and things like that when you are distracted. I like watching things like that and feeling like I'm in a different world, memorized in a way. I should have just left when I tried to the first time, but I thought it would be a good learning experience for her to sit quiet. *sigh* I really need a tiny break once a week to regain my sanity... and didn't get it today because Youssef was at the republican convention... so.. I vent on the blog. ;) .. and eat cookies....

No comments: