Wednesday, August 03, 2011

popsickles!


Yogurt is a really great thing, but it's difficult for me to find a kind that doesn't have High Fructose Corn Syrup in it. Now, I know I know.. "HFCS reacts in the body just the same as sugar and therefore is no worse for you than sugar is." It IS worse for someone who has a hard time digesting corn. If I eat too much corn (for me) it reacts as if I've gotten food poisoning, and though a little is tolerable it's still something I'd rather avoid.

To make yogurt popsickles (which my girls and I totally LOVE) I've mixed plain yogurt with jam or fruit or honey and spoon it into popsickle containers to freeze. Works great and you can sweeten it with whatever you want and just as much as you'd like! If you are watching your sugar intake or are like me and other sweeteners work better for you, then this is a great option.
It's just so yummy I had to share. :} (BTW, I found the popsickle forms at a dollar store.)

No comments: